The Sales and Marketing Council (SMC) was founded in 1991 in order to enhance the sales and marketing capabilities and reputations of those who represent the Building Industry Association of Stark County (BIA). The SMC was designed to bring the newest and finest marketing methods and professionalism to the general membership through educational and motivational programs, seminars, workshops, training materials, group idea exchange, and the recognition of successful members through awards programming. These activities are to complement the HBA through mutual support of efforts by the BIA and SMC and the recognition that the SMC’s purpose is to promote the growth and development of the BIA.
The many benefits of the SMC are:
All the above benefits are just from our local SMC. The national SMC membership includes benefits such as national seminars, a speakers bureau of national experts, special rates on audio and video training, telephone hotline to top marketing experts, subscription to Sales + Marketing Ideas, NAHB convention programs, and nationally recognized NSMC Awards.
- Networking. As a member you can join with other professionals in the home building industry who are involved in residential sales and marketing. The people you can meet through our meetings provide you with valuable contacts in the building industry.
- Education. The SMC also provides workshops, seminars and professional educational programs. These programs can offer you the most up-to-date information in the industry from some of the top speakers in the country.
- Fun. All year long a full schedule of special events promoting activities among members and their guests. Through this interaction with other professionals in the industry you can contribute to your own professional growth.
- Recognition. An added bonus is the annual SMC Awards competition each year. Finalists and winners in the competition are chosen from the “best” in our industry, and the awards are given in a wide range of categories including individual sales achievement, product design, all types of advertising, on-site displays, and more!
Benefits of Membership:
|• A subscription to Sales + Marketing Ideas, an award-winning, bi-monthly digital magazine
• NSMC eNews, a monthly e-newsletter
• Designation courses
• Discounts on Million Dollar Circle Awards
• Discounts on entries to The Nationals
• Networking events throughout the year
In addition to the above savings, all members receive a 15% advertising discount benefits in Ideas Magazine.
You also receive:
• Educational opportunities and designations from your local SMC
• Great networking events
• General membership meetings
• Social events: Industry Night,Holiday Open House
• Parade of Homes
• Sales Performance Banquet
For more information about joining the Building Industry Association and the Sales and Marketing Council please call the BIA office at 330-494-5700.